Environmental Health

More than 500 fall ill after visiting Tennessee zipline attraction

E. coli bacteria was found in water at a popular ziplining attraction in Tennessee where more than 500 people reportedly fell ill, health officials said.<p>The state’s health department said last week one person who visited the CLIMB Works Zipline Canopy Tour in Gatlinburg tested positive for …

Zip-lines

New Jersey Dad May Lose All His Limbs from Flesh Eating Bacteria

The dad came into contact with the bacteria on a crabbing trip.<p>A New Jersey father may lose all four of his limbs after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria during a crabbing trip in Maurice River, according to the <i>Washington Post</i>.<p>60-year-old Angel Perez went down to Matt's Landing, a popular area …

Science

Crab meat linked to a outbreak of a diarrhea-causing illness, FDA says

Fresh crab meat from Venezuela commonly served in restaurants and sold in supermarkets has been linked to a multi-state outbreak of <i>Vibrio</i> …

Environmentalism

SEE: The worst toilets in Khayelitsha?

Vincent Lali<p>Residents of K2 informal settlement in Khayelitsha say their toilets haven’t been cleaned this year. (Vincent Lali, GroundUp)<p>Flies buzz …

Cape Town

The Cyclospora Parasite Outbreak: What You Need to Know

Two recent foodborne outbreaks were traced to a parasite, something that's more common than many people may think.<p>A parasite called cyclospora …

Public Health

Europe's Best Field Berry mixes recalled for Salmonella

The recall was triggered due to reports from another country, and the CFIA are leading their own investigation, which could possibly include other …

Environmentalism

McDonald's pulls salads from 3,000 restaurants after parasite sickens dozens

<b>(CNN) —</b> An outbreak of cyclospora linked to McDonald's salads has sickened at least 61 people in seven states, federal health officials said Friday.<p>The Food and Drug Administration is working with McDonald's to identify the salad ingredients making people sick and trace them through the supply …

Environmentalism

Forsyth Inspections: Eatery Fails With Dirty Utensils : ICYMI

Forsyth Inspections: One restaurant fails with a score of 42 when the inspector finds dirty knifes, ice machines and equipment.<p>FORSYTH COUNTY, GA — …

McDonald's

CDC: E. coli outbreak appears over with 5 deaths, 96 hospitalized

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced July 12 that the recent multi-state outbreak of E. coli infections that resulted in the …

Environmentalism

Batanes dengue cases rise to 175

The number of dengue patients in Batanes has gone up to 175, prompting health officials to intensify monitoring and to initiate a massive fumigation …

Dengue Fever

BMC disposes 10,000 tyres to beat dengue and malaria

<b>Mumbai -</b><p>In order to take preventive measures against dengue and malaria, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had decided to dispose tyres …

Mumbai

Mosquito Spraying Begins Monday in Avon

The Lorain County General Health District will be spraying the city for two days next week.<p>AVON, OH — There will a few less mosquitoes in Avon on …

Environmentalism

Costco sparked backlash after cutting one of customers' favorite items from the food court — and Sam's Club just responded by adding it to its own menu (COST, WMT)

Sam's Club<p><b>Sam's Club is going to start serving its Polish hot dog at all locations.</b>• <b><br>The Polish dog will cost just 99 cents.</b>• <b><br>Costco sparked backlash earlier this week when news broke that the bulk retailer would no longer sell the Polish hot dog in its food courts.</b><p>News that Costco was cutting the …

Walmart

Kitchen towels can cause food poisoning, according to new study

A recent study explains how you’re unknowingly spreading germs while you cook. Here’s how to stop.<p>We know doing laundry may not be your favorite chore, but a recent study revealed that the towels in your kitchen could be infested with bacteria, like E. coli, that lead to food poisoning. Read up on …

Cleaning

Couple sues caterer over food-poisoned wedding from hell

Some couples sweat every detail of their wedding, worried something will go wrong: their chairs won’t be delivered on time; the flower girl will cry; …

Weddings

Foodborne illness linked to McDonald's salads in Illinois, Iowa

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/video/2018/07/13/071218-wls-mcdonalds-vid_500.mp4The Illinois Department of Public Health is investigating an uptick …

Environmentalism

Tainted McDonald's salads sicken people in another four states

People in at least another four states have been sickened by tainted McDonald’s salads.<p>Health officials in Wisconsin, Nebraska, South Dakota and …

Public Health

Cops: Georgia man left grandmother in unsafe, unsanitary home with over 20 dogs

A Hogansville man allegedly left his 80-year-old grandmother in an unsafe, unsanitary home with more than 20 dogs, authorities said Friday.<p>Bobby …

Georgia (U.S. State)

Park sealed off as ducks found dead in suspected 'avian botulism' outbreak

A park in Oldham was taped off following a suspected ‘avian botulism’ outbreak.<p>Emergency services were called to Alexandra Park on Friday night after …

Manchester

Can grackles make you sick? Find out what is lurking inside the birds

Sarah Hamer knows about the icky things that grackles, like all wild birds, can spread. She’s an associate professor of epidemiology and the director …

Birds

Cyclospora Parasite cases in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin – some linked to McDonald’s Salads

The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has received confirmation of approximately 90 cases of cyclosporiasis, an intestinal illness caused …

Public Health

Taking a trip to Lake Erie this summer? Check for slime before you go

Last year, a slick, green slime covered more than 700 square miles of the western basin of Lake Erie — an algae bloom so big it was visible from …

Lake Erie

UA center receives $6.9 million grant to continue environmental health research in arid climates

The Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center, headquartered at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy, has been awarded a five-year $6.9 …

Health Care

McDonald's salads suspected after more than 100 sick in 2 states

Latest health & fitness newsLatest health & fitness newsMore>><p>Posted:Thursday, July 12 2018 7:49 AM EDT2018-07-12 11:49:08 GMT<p>Updated:Friday, July 13 …

Hawaii

CDC: Honey Smacks linked to 100 salmonella cases, including 8 in Pennsylvania

You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.<p>We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide …

Pittsburgh

Is your suburb contaminated?

FIREFIGHTING foam was designed to save lives but chemicals called PFOS and PFAS once used in the foam are emerging as a threat to health.<p>And the list …

Wales

3,000 McDonald's Stores Stop Selling Salads Amid Parasite Outbreak

There are around 100 cases of people becoming sick in Iowa and Illinois and a handful of cases in surrounding states.<p>McDonald's has temporarily …

McDonald's

CDC’s stern warning: ‘Do not eat this cereal’

ATLANTA — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says a popular Kellogg’s cereal has been linked to a salmonella outbreak that has infected …

Honey Smacks

Great, a Poop-Borne Swimming Pool Parasite Can Survive Chlorine Now

It's the stuff of pool party nightmares.<p>Somewhere in America this summer, a small child will have a diarrhea incident in a pool. The kid will freeze, …

Biology

Was your restaurant food surrounded by rat poop? If you ate here, it was

When it comes to the Rodent Report, the word “trap” is never good for a restaurant<p>If the inspector sees something in a trap, something near a trap, …

News (U.S.)