Carbon Monoxide

Location of ‘carbon monoxide incident’ that affected 35 people in southeast Houston identified

Image 1of/8<p>Caption<p>Close<p>The Houston business where 35 people were transported from to area hospitals following a carbon monoxide incident has been …

Palm Beach County

APD readies to reintroduce entire fleet of vehicles after carbon monoxide problems

AUSTIN -- Austin City officials and Ford Motor Co. are soon to announce that they have completed repairs on a fleet of Police Interceptors sport …

Carbon Monoxide

At least 1 injured in ‘carbon monoxide incident’ in southeast Houston

Image 1of/7<p>Caption<p>Close<p>Houston firefighters are looking into a reported carbon monoxide incident in southeast Houston that injured at least one woman.<p>…

Fire Fighting

Carbon Monoxide Scare Prompts Evacuation of El Cajon Shopping Center

Share This Article:<p>An exhaust fan that appeared to have been accidentally turned off led to high levels of carbon monoxide at an El Cajon shopping …

San Diego

High Levels of Carbon Monoxide at El Cajon Starbucks:Heartland Fire

One person was taken to the hospital after high levels of carbon monoxide were found at two La Mesa restaurants on Sunday.<p>Heartland Fire, La Mesa …

San Diego

Woman grabs dog in time to escape carbon monoxide-filled house

MADISON, Wis. - A woman took herself to the emergency room early Wednesday morning after she had possible symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, but …

Madison

EU cigarette tests hide true harm of smoking, research shows

Tobacco companies may have been able to downplay the amount of tar and carbon monoxide ingested by smokers in Europe because of a flaw in the testing process, according to a study.<p>The loophole means most cigarette exceed legal limits on their harmful contents in the EU, according to the Netherlands …

Public Health

Savannah’s Law Provides Carbon Monoxide Testing For Older Vehicles

When buying a used car it is common to examine the brakes, the tires and lights, but a test for carbon monoxide leaks should be added to the …

Indianapolis

West Virginia court awards benefits to Rhode Island widow

The West Virginia Supreme Court says a Rhode Island woman whose husband died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a hotel is entitled to West Virginia …

Rhode Island

4 Bonnaroo paramedics possibly poisoned by carbon monoxide

Four paramedics working at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival have been hospitalized for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.<p>Coffee County Sheriff's …

Bonnaroo

Carbon monoxide poisoning: Mayo Clinic Radio Health Minute

While we normally hear about carbon monoxide poisonings during the winter months, reality is that they can happen throughout the year.? In this Mayo …

Mayo Clinic

Library To Offer Free Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors

The installation is also free, as long as supplies last.<p><b>From Cranston Public Library:</b> The Cranston Public Library is partnering with the Cranston …

Libraries

Woman’s Mysterious Illness Turns Out to Be Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Kathi Wilson, 41, battled a mysterious illness that left her walking like an old lady. Even her doctor couldn't figure out what was making her so …

Carbon Monoxide

One Killed, Three Injured In Carbon Monoxide Leak

1 hour ago<p>One person is dead and three others were injured after a carbon monoxide leak in Lincoln Wednesday morning.<p>Lincoln Police say just before …

Natural Gas

Carbon monoxide poisoning prompts gas heater warning

Australians are being warned to check their gas heaters after several people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning in Melbourne. There is concern home …

Home Ownership

'Can kill in minutes': Carbon monoxide warning after family escapes injury

A family, including a baby girl, were lucky to escape serious injury after a suspected carbon monoxide leak at their Melbourne home overnight, …

Carbon Monoxide

Patient evaluated after high carbon monoxide reading in a Baltimore Co. home

BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD -- WBFF -- Baltimore County Fire Department says that it is on the scene of a high carbon monoxide reading in a home.<p>According …

Baltimore

Homes Evacuated For Carbon Monoxide: Baltimore County Officials

Authorities said carbon monoxide readings were elevated in one Baltimore County home, putting the neighborhood on alert.<p>BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD — Homes …

Baltimore

Canary in a Coal Mine

The phrase "a canary in a coal mine" refers to the demise of the weakest member as a warning of danger to the rest of the group. The phrase comes …

Carbon Monoxide

Family 'heartbroken' after engaged couple found dead in boat on lake

Rangers found the couple dead in the front cabin.

Upstate South Carolina

Hurricane Safety Series: Well-being during a storm

The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to Nov. 30. In this second part of a four-part series, review some medical safety steps to consider …

Mayo Clinic

Florida man kills self, roommate, dog by intentionally running car in garage

A man who killed himself with carbon monoxide fumes in a Tamarac townhome ended up also killing his roommate and a dog, investigators said …

Carbon Monoxide

Couple Found Dead On Boat In Lake Lanier: Reports

GoFundMe page set up; authorities blame carbon monoxide poisoning for deaths of couple found Monday on Lake Lanier, say media reports.<p>FORSYTH COUNTY, …

Memorial Day Weekend

He planned his suicide and wrote a note. But the plan went horribly wrong, deputies say.

Two men and a dog are dead in Tamarac after the suicide of one of the men went horribly awry.<p>According to Broward Sheriff's homicide detectives, …

Carbon Monoxide

Comet C/2016 R2 (Pan-STARRS) is rich in carbon monoxide and depleted in hydrogen cyanide, study finds

C/2016 R2 (Pan-STARRS) is a comet abundant in carbon monoxide and lacking hydrogen cyanide, according to a new study conducted by researchers from …

Astronomy

Carbon monoxide kills one, evacuates Newton apartment building

19 minutes ago<p>High levels of carbon monoxide at a Newton apartment building killed one person and forced evacuation of the structure on Memorial …

Apartment Building

Dead Body Found After Carbon Monoxide Leak Call

<b>CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM ) –</b> Carrollton firefighters discovered a crime scene after an alarm company called 911 to report a carbon monoxide leak.<p>When …

Crime

A dozen people hospitalized during Chambersburg pool opening

The borough manager, Jeffrey Stonehill, said the leak came from the concession stand, which he characterized as minor.

Pennsylvania

Guidelines for Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Although they're not a sexy item or even a stylish one, working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are essential items for every single home! …

Home Automation

Cortlandt couple found dead in home; car exhaust cited

Elderly couple's car was left idling in garage; they were found in their home

Hudson Valley