pwickliff

13 Flips | 4 Magazines | @pwickliff | Keep up with pwickliff on Flipboard, a place to see the stories, photos, and updates that matter to you. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine full of everything, from world news to life’s great moments. Download Flipboard for free and search for “pwickliff”

Two of the best iPhone car mounts we’ve tried: Fuse Chicken Une Bobine and MONTAR by WinnerGear

There are a lot of options for mounting your iPhone in your car. I’ve relied on the highly-rated Kensington suction cup windshield car mount for a few years without too much incident. However, I’ve never been too pleased about how it blocks a bit of my driving view and requires a non-elegant wire …

Netflix now plays in 1080p on your iPhone 6 Plus

Did you buy that big, honking iPhone 6 Plus so that you could watch Netflix videos in glorious 1080p? If you did, today's your lucky day. Netflix has updated its iOS app to make full use of the higher-res screens on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, including native 1080p playback on the Plus; like your …

AT&T's latest smartwatch for kids is both easier and tougher

Your kids may be too young to put a Moto 360 or Pebble on their wrists, but that doesn't mean they'll have to go without a smartwatch. AT&T is now selling the FiLIP 2, an upgraded version of last year's hybrid kid locator and wrist-worn phone. The new version is easier for parents to set up through …

Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi EA9200 router review: A solid but overpriced home router - CNET

<b>The Good</b> The Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi EA9200 router has two built-in 5Ghz bands to support both low- and high-end clients without compromising data rates. The router has an easy-to-use interface and helpful remote management features.<p><b>The Bad</b> The router's Wi-Fi range and network storage …

Wi-Fi

Apple Watch project was more difficult than the iPhone, says Jony Ive

Apple chief designer Jony Ive said that designing the Apple Watch was more difficult than the iPhone because it needed to meet so many diverse expectations, reports the <i>WSJ</i>.<p>“Even though Apple Watch does so many things, there are cultural, historical implications and expectations,” Ive said. “That’s …

What The Top 1% Of Software Engineers Do That The Other 99% Do Not

<i>Answer by Michael O. Church, functional programmer and machine learning engineer, on Quora</i><p>My first inclination was to disclaim, “I’m not top 1%, maybe top <i>N</i>%” where N is some slightly higher integer, because false precision makes great humble-brags. In reality, I have a hard time identifying “top …

10 crazy questions tech companies ask job candidates

What would you say if — right this second — you had to “describe Google as a person.”<p>What about if you had to answer this — on the spot — in a job …

iOS 8 How-to: Use Camera to enter in credit card info

With iOS 7, Apple added a new feature in iBooks, iTunes and the App Store that allowed users to scan iTunes gift cards with the device’s camera rather than manually entering the string of characters on the back of the card. Now in iOS 8, you can use the device’s camera to scan and enter credit card …

Grapefruit Juice May Be As Effective as Diabetes Drugs

A new mice study suggests that grapefruit juice might be just as effective as the type 2 diabetes drug, metformin, at lowering blood glucose. The …

11 Tips And Tricks To Get The Most Out Of Your Android Phone

Since Android is an open platform, there's plenty of room for customization.<p>Beyond personalizing your phone, there are a few easy practices that can keep your phone neat and organized with plenty of battery life to last all day.<p>Here are some tips and tricks every Android user should know.