May Shin Lyan

9 Flips | 3 Magazines | 1 Following | @mayshinlyan | Keep up with May Shin Lyan on Flipboard, a place to see the stories, photos, and updates that matter to you. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine full of everything, from world news to life’s great moments. Download Flipboard for free and search for “May Shin Lyan”

5 things to know about how Tesla’s huge battery factory will affect the power grid

Since Tesla confirmed last month that it plans to build a massive battery factory in the U.S., there’s been exuberant speculation that the electric …

RadioShack To Close 1,000 Stores Nationwide Amid Big Losses

RadioShack said Tuesday it will close 1,100 retail stores across the country amid a disappointing fourth quarter, in a sign that the electronics retailer is ceding ever-more market share to big box stores and online providers, such as Amazon.<p>CEO Joseph Magnacca said the closings would leave the …

Could Your Future Smartphone Help You Read Faster?

3 min read<p>If everything in tech is becoming faster, perhaps our reading abilities should follow suit.<p>The average reader spends just 20 percent of the time processing content -- the remaining 80 percent is spent moving one’s eyes from word to word. So says Boston-based startup Spritz, which is …

Text Messaging

Google selling Motorola unit to Lenovo for $2.9B

Breaking News Emails<p>Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.<p>SUBSCRIBE<p>Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.<p>SUBSCRIBE

Selling

Amazon shares drop 12% after disappointing results

Breaking News Emails<p>Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.<p>SUBSCRIBE<p>Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.<p>SUBSCRIBE

Amazon

Zynga to cut 15 percent of workforce

Social game maker Zynga, known for its popular "FarmVille" title, said Thursday it would cut 15 percent of its workforce, at the same time surprising Wall Street with a quarterly loss that beat expectations.<p>It also announced it is buying a U.K.-based mobile game company.<p>Zynga, once among the …

Iran allows inspectors to visit two key nuclear sites

Iran has agreed to allow inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency to enter long-unseen nuclear sites, including the Gchine uranium mine and a heavy-water reactor in Arak, as part of a co-operation deal struck in Tehran.<p>Days after arduous negotiations in Geneva ended without a decisive …