British teenagers are an increasingly responsible and sober bunch. Teen pregnancies are at an all-time low, drug-fuelled dance culture is vanishing, careers are planned from a tender age, and preparations
• Author: Professor Brian Cox Collins Shorts – insight in an instant. Professor Brian Cox shows us our universe as we've never seen it before. In this short he explains how this vast and complex universe
The limits of travel are defined not by what vehicles can do, but by what vehicles can do to us. So how much can we take? On the morning of October 25, 1999, captain Michael Kling and his first officer,
• Author: Daniel C. Dennett Thinking is hard - yet barely a waking moment passes when we're not labouring away at it. A few of us may be natural geniuses, able to work through the toughest tangles in instant;
• Author: Matthew Syed Originally published as BOUNCE: How Champions Are Made The ‘Freakonomics of Sport’… What are the real secrets of sporting success, and what lessons do they offer about life in general?
• Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee Winner of the Guardian First Book Award 2011 Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Non-fiction 2011 Shortlisted for the Wellcome Trust Book Prize Shortlisted for the Duff Cooper
• Author: Satoshi Kanazawa A book that challenges common misconceptions about the nature of intelligence Satoshi Kanazawa's Why Beautiful People Have More Daughters (written with Alan S. Miller) was hailed
Clues suggest the pioneering aviator met a slow death as a castaway. Investigators are still searching for definitive evidence to solve this disappearance mystery, but think they may be closing in on truth.
Iranian-born Anousheh Ansari spent more than $20 million on a trip into space. Although the trip wasn’t all plain sailing, she tells BBC Future she is now addicted and will return. In school, teachers
By splicing together images from siblings, parents and children, one photographer is exploring the way in which we inherit our appearances. “Family faces are magic mirrors looking at people who belong
• Author: James Bowen The incredible and heartwarming sequel to the bestselling A Street Cat Named Bob 'Close proximity to animals does wonders for your mental health. Close proximity to this book will
• Author: Alan Watts Alan Watts overturns the illusion that individuals are merely 'egos' contained within their bodies who are separate from the rest of the universe. Drawing on the Vedanta religion,