larryolmstead

19 Flips | 5 Magazines | 8 Likes | 15 Following | 2 Followers | @larryolmstead | Keep up with larryolmstead on Flipboard, a place to see the stories, photos, and updates that matter to you. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine full of everything, from world news to life’s great moments. Download Flipboard for free and search for “larryolmstead”

Art House: Treading a Path Between Art and Design

The third exhibition at Prague’s Designblok was Art House, a showcase of work that sits on the border between art and design, held within the baroque …

The Withings Activité Might Be the 1st Smartwatch Designers Want to Wear

Much hype was made (again) this past week over details about Android Wear devices at Google I/O, but outside of fitness-recording devices, wearable …

Samsung’s nightmare scenario is unfolding right before our eyes

Halloween has come a day early for Samsung as it released a truly scary earnings report that saw its operating profit tumble by 60% and its revenue …

Quell & Company designs iPhone dock to be "at home in the home"

American brand Quell & Company has referenced Scandinavian home design for its first product: a docking station made from white oak, Merino wool felt …

Andrei Cherny’s ‘Aspiration’ Brings The Investment Tools Of The 1% To The Other 99%

At 39 years old, Andrei Cherny has advised presidents, consulted with Fortune 100 companies, worked as a state prosecutor, served as a Naval reserve officer, founded a think tank and policy journal, and written a couple of books. Now he’s adding entrepreneur to the list.<p>In November Cherny will …

Watch Jony Ive and Elon Musk talk design and sci-fi transportation

Tired of hearing little more than soundbites from tech luminaries such as Apple's Jony Ive and Tesla's Elon Musk? Today's your lucky day. <i>Vanity Fair</i> has posted its full video interviews with both Ive and Musk, giving you an insight into how the two executives work. Not surprisingly, Ive's chat …

Mussels Inspire A Glue That Works Underwater

It's the strongest bio-inspired, waterproof adhesive yet.<p>There's a new prototype glue that sticks like mussels to a rock—literally. The glue, which works underwater, incorporates proteins that mussels normally use to adhere to rocks, jetties, and larger sea critters. But the manmade adhesive isn't …

Protein

Homemade Pies from Jam Jar Bakery

Baking pies right in mason jars isn't a new concept, but you'd be hard pressed to find those as well as executed (both inside and out) as the offerings from NYC's Jam Jar Bakery. Created by Abby Lavin—an alum of the French Culinary Institute (as well as famed restaurant Colicchio & Sons and …

Pie

KDDI's Open Innovation Fund invests in 4 U.S. startups, will bring them to the Japanese market

KDDI Open Innovation Fund (KOIF), managed by Japanese venture capital Global Brain Corporation, announced that it has invested a total of 800 million yen (roughly $8 million) in four U.S. startups. Global Brian and KDDI, the Japanese telecom operator, will help those startups to enter Japanese …

automotiveporn:

- <b>1953</b> Alfa Romeo B.A.T. 5<p>- <b>1954</b> Alfa Romeo B.A.T. 7<p>- <b>1955</b> Alfa Romeo B.A.T. 9

Holy bag

Holy bag

In the sky, with diamonds: Julian Lennon's cloudscapes – in pictures

Primarily known as a musician, Julian Lennon has been working with fine art photography since his first exhibition in New York City in 2010. His work can be seen at the Little Black Gallery in London from 7 September until 19 October

US: Russia Withheld 'Crucial' Intel on Boston Bomb Suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev

Citing unnamed US officials, the Journal said on its website that the information consisted of text messages between the mother of Tamerlan Tsarnaev and a Russian relative.<p>Tsarnaev died in a shootout days after the April 15 twin blasts that killed three people and wounded more than 260 near the …

Terrorism

Astronauts at the International Space Station Successfully Fixed Its Leaky Pump

This article is from the archive of our partner .<p>Astronauts Chris Cassidy and Tom Marshburn completed the most impromptu spacewalk in NASA history …

Spur-of-the-moment spacewalk a first for NASA, space station

Saturday saw a first for NASA and the International Space Station, as two astronauts conducted an impromptu spacewalk to try to locate the source of a problem on the craft's exterior.<p>The space agency hadn't yet ordered such a spur-of-the-moment maneuver in regard to the ISS, according to the …

Space Science