Jeremy Tobing

6 Added | 3 Magazines | 35 Likes | 1 Following | @jeremyl2911 | Keep up with Jeremy Tobing on Flipboard, a place to see the stories, photos, and updates that matter to you. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine full of everything, from world news to life’s great moments. Download Flipboard for free and search for “Jeremy Tobing”

Food banks side with NDP in debate over child care versus tax benefits

OTTAWA -- Canadian food banks are wading into the hot political debate over how best the federal government can help families with kids: give them …

Carl Zeiss unveils its sub $100 virtual reality headset for iOS and Android

Carl Zeiss has just recently announced the VR One virtual reality headset for use with iOS and Android smartphones. While it still feels like a bit of stretch to get people to put these things on their heads, the typically steep price point of early contenders does’t help. The VR One is a similar …

What The Top 1% Of Software Engineers Do That The Other 99% Do Not

<i>Answer by Michael O. Church, functional programmer and machine learning engineer, on Quora</i><p>My first inclination was to disclaim, “I’m not top 1%, maybe top <i>N</i>%” where N is some slightly higher integer, because false precision makes great humble-brags. In reality, I have a hard time identifying “top …

Nvidia Uses Crop Circle to Market New Processor

Graphics technology company Nvidia took an <i>interesting</i> strategy to market its new Tegra K1 processor — it created a crop circle.<p>“We simply couldn’t think of any other way to explain that our new Tegra K1 processor, with 192 graphics cores, can do things no other technology — on this planet, at least …

Make Your Android Device Look Like iOS 7 With This Jelly Bean Theme

A new Android theme mimics the design of iOS 7, Apple’s newest mobile operating system. The theme is a combination of custom icons and the Nova Launcher home screen replacement for Android 4.0+.<p>The designer explains:<p>Apple unveiled their next generation iOS 7 on June 10, but it won’t come to iPhone …