• Author: Candace Pert Why do we feel the way we feel? How do our thoughts and emotions affect our health? Are our bodies and minds distinct from each other or do they function together as part of an system?
• Author: Leonard Susskind & Art Friedman In The Theoretical Minimum, world-class physicist Leonard Susskind provided a brilliant first course in classical mechanics, offering readers not an oversimplified
• Author: Alan Graham Do you shy away from using numbers? Basic Mathematics can help. An easy-to-follow guide, it will ensure you gain the confidence you need to tackle maths and overcome your fears. offers
• Author: The Open University Quantum physics lies at the heart of understanding the behaviour of matter and radiation on the smallest scales. It therefore underlies not only the technology that surrounds
• Author: Steven Holzner For students who just need to know the vital concepts of physics, whether as a refresher, for exam prep, or as a reference, Physics Essentials For Dummies is a must-have guide.
• Author: Brian Cox & Jeff Forshaw The Quantum Universe brings together two authors on a brilliantly ambitious mission to show that everyone can understand the deepest questions of science. But just what
• Author: Joshua Foer 'Be prepared to be amazed' Guardian Can anyone get a perfect memory? Joshua Foer used to be like most of us, forgetting phone numbers and mislaying keys. Then he learnt the art of
• Author: Mark Miodownik * * * Winner of the 2014 Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books * * * Stuff Matters by Mark Miodnownik is a unique and inspiring exploration of human creativity. 'Enthralling.
• Author: Jim Al-Khalili From Schrodinger's cat to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, this book untangles the weirdness of the quantum world. Quantum mechanics underpins modern science and provides us