• Google detailed how its Super Res Zoom feature works on the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. • The feature basically merges many frames to form a high-resolution image. • Super Res Zoom is exclusive to the Pixel
• Apple iPhone XS camera reviews are coming in hot on various sites. • Most of the reviews concede that although the iPhone XS camera is amazing, it’s still not as good as the Google Pixel 2. • Even the
• Speaking with Wired, various members of the Google Chrome team discuss future plans for the URL. • The Google Chrome team agree that the way URLs currently work is not ideal, and they are working on
WhatsApp is the world’s most popular instant messaging app, and for good reason — it gets a steady stream of updates, has a long list of features, and supports a wide range of devices. There’s little why
Acer Acer launched two new Chromebook lines today: the Acer Chromebook 13 and Acer Chromebook 15. • The Chromebook 13 line directly competes with the Google Pixelbook, with 3:2 ratio displays and high-end
• Google just announced two new features for Google Photos: a Google Photos favorites button, and a “heart” button for shared photos. • Curiously, Google didn’t announce these features at Google I/O 2018.
Indian handset maker Micromax has finally launched its first Android Oreo (Go Edition) smartphone, Bharat Go, in India. Bharat is the company’s existing series of devices focused on lower-tier of the and
• The Alcatel 3V will go on sale next week at Amazon.com and cost a measly $150. • That $150 will get you a phone with dual cameras, a 2K LCD screen in an 18:9 aspect ratio, Android Oreo, and a fingerprint
• YouTube Music launched today, but not everyone can sign up for the service. • You can download the YouTube Music app, but some people are told to join a mailing list to find out when they can sign up.
• Walmart is gearing up to buy Flipkart in a $14.6-$16 billion deal, according to a recent report. • Walmart would gain a 73% share in the company, and most of its initial investment is expected to go
Cameras on smartphones are a much bigger deal than they used to be. Companies are chomping at the bit to make their cameras more reliable, work better in low light, and add features that people want. will
Google I/O 2018 is on its third day and it’s been a heck of a show so far. A lot of exciting things are happening to Android, Google Assistant, and many other of Google’s initiatives. What is Google I/O?
• Google adds offline, camera translation for seven Indian languages. • Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu language packs can now be downloaded. • Camera translation only available
In a press event in New Delhi, Google introduced a new search experience in India allowing users to search for jobs within Google. The company aims to make your job hunt simpler allowing you to find relevant
Google Play Google has launched a standalone to-do list app known as Google Tasks. The new app, spotted by 9to5Google, features Gmail and Google Calendar integration as well as cross-platform support.
The IR blaster is one of the most under-appreciated features on mobile phones. It’s also starting to become a rarer feature on mobile phones. It has a lot of uses. One of those is to control your TV. are
There isn’t much you can do for your body that is better than getting in shape, staying in shape, and working out. It lowers all of the bad things (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc) and heightens all the
Fighting games may not be the most popular genre anymore, but the people who still love the genre are among the most loyal of any gamers. Unfortunately, fighting games haven’t been as rampant on Android
Home security is getting cheaper, smarter, and easier every year. Thus, the market is dwindling for standalone home security apps. Most of the better ones combine with a smart security camera these days.
While there used to be a very clear divide between mid-range smartphones and high-end flagships, the lines have increasingly blurred over the past few years. Nowadays, phones offer similar metal constructions,
Math is a difficult subject for a lot of people. It’s totally understandable. There are a bunch of things that numbers do. People look for math apps for a variety of reasons, but most of them are educational.
Back in January, Google’s standalone, AI-powered Clips camera suddenly went on sale in the Google store. However, within minutes the machine-learning camera was out of stock. Now, the full rollout of camera
• Flutter is an app development platform that works with both Android and iOS. • With one set of code, app developers can create and release apps for both operating systems at the same time. • This will
• According to The Wall Street Journal, Google is testing a way to provide precise location data of 911 callers to 911 operators in the US. • Depending on the situation, shaving a minute off response could
Welcome to the #231st edition of Android Apps Weekly! Here are the big headlines from the last week: Google Chrome received a huge update this week. It now blocks ads that don’t adhere to the Better Ad
Video editing is one of the heaviest tasks that a device can perform. On computers, it requires decent specs, tons of RAM, tons of storage, and some know-how on how to make it work. Because of this, it’s
Google Google is updating its Flights service with predictions on flight delays. • The predictions, along with reasons for flight delays, come from Google’s machine learning algorithms. • The Flights can
• Google Assistant voice commands can now understand the Hindi language, which is spoken largely in India. • However, the Android device settings must have English – India as the main language for this
Top-quality software that costs nothing. We rely on expensive computer programs to edit photos and video, deal with office work, and protect our computers from malware. But they're not our only options.