20-Year-Old Hunter S. Thompson’s Surprisingly Sage Advice on How to Find Your Purpose and Live a Meaningful Life
“It is not necessary to accept the choices handed down to you by life as you know it.” As a hopeless lover of both letters and notable advice, I was delighted to discover a letter 20-year-old Hunter S.
Why Tolstoy is 11.6% better than Shakespeare. “Reading is the nourishment that lets you do interesting work,” Jennifer Egan once said. This intersection of reading and writing is both a necessary bi-directional
“Every morning when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand-new hours to live. What a precious gift!” As a longtime fan of guerrilla artist and illustrator Keri Smith’s Wreck This Box set of interactive
“This is the greatest damn thing about the universe. That we can know so much, recognize so much, dissect, do everything, and we can’t grasp it.” More than merely one of the most memorable, prolific, disciplined
The wonders of the gut, why our brains are wired to be social, what poetry and math have in common, swarm intelligence vs. “God,” and more. On the heels of the year’s best reads in psychology and philosophy,
• Author: Susan Cain The book that started the Quiet Revolution At least one-third of the people we know are introverts. They are the ones who prefer listening to speaking; who innovate and create but
• Author: Deepak Chopra Deepak Chopra distills the essence of his teachings into seven simple, yet powerful principles that can easily be applied to create success in all areas of your life. Based on laws
• Author: Ian Kerner “Every man’s must-read. Tell your guy to put down the remote and pick up She Comes First.” —Cosmopolitan Ian Kerner offers a radical new philosophy for pleasuring women in She Comes
• Author: M. Scott Peck Now featuring a new introduction by Dr. M. Scott Peck, the twenty-fifth anniversary edition of the classic bestseller The Road Less Traveled, celebrated by The Washington Post “not
• Author: Daniel Coyle What is the secret of talent? How do we unlock it? This groundbreaking work provides readers with tools they can use to maximize potential in themselves and others. Whether you’re
• Author: Scott Lynch NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER “A bright new voice in the fantasy genre” (George R. R. Martin), acclaimed author Scott Lynch continues to astound and entertain with his thrillingly inventive,
• Author: Orson Scott Card In the aftermath of his terrible war, Ender Wiggin disappeared, and a powerful voice arose: The Speaker for the Dead, who told the true story of the Bugger War. Now, long years
• Author: Rick Hanson With New York Times bestselling author, Dr. Hanson's four steps, you can counterbalance your brain's negativity bias and learn to hardwire happiness in only a few minutes each day.