Income taxes can be taxing. And that’s especially the case with the tax overhaul signed into law late last year. The law created $1.5 trillion in tax cuts but did nothing to make the filing process simpler.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It started out modestly enough: David Hertz, having learned that under the right conditions you really can make your own water out of thin air, put a little contraption on the roof his
Last week, Ugandan police were called to a hotel in the center of the capital Kampala where an American citizen had assaulted and racially abused hotel employees. Jimmy Taylor, 69, a self-proclaimed missionary,
A Silicon Valley pastor has resigned from his church after calling the city of Palo Alto an “elitist shit den of hate” and criticizing the hypocrisy of “social justice” activism in the region. Gregory
Apple today announced a new worldwide battery replacement program for some 13-inch MacBook Pro models that do not have a Touch Bar. Affected machines were manufactured between October 2016 and October
Helsinki-based company Pluspuu offers 11 customizable models of modern log homes and sauna cabins that start at $18,000. Settled logs that shrink can pose a problem for builders of log homes, as this for
After asking a pet owner what they don't like about their pup, you'll get an emphatic, "NOTHING! MY DOG IS PERFECT!!!" But if they really stop and think, they'll likely have one common complaint: all.
Bookshelf goals With a new year comes the promise of new books hitting bookstores. 2018 is shaping up to have plenty of adventures to delve into — taking readers to distant planets, fantastical realms,
Whether you love or hate the tax bill soon to receive President Trump’s signature, knowing about its hidden problems and opportunities could play a major role in determining everything from your own personal
Dr. Bryan Bledsoe was just trying to keep up. The ER at the small rural hospital was always packed and the top brass had urged him to move patients through more quickly, so when a woman in her sixties
Dear Liz, I work for a credit union. I like my job except for one thing. My own manager “Allie” is very nice. The problem is that another manager, “Cindy,” gives me a hard time for no reason. She criticizes
Infographics have become an increasingly popular data visualization tool which enable users to quickly give an overview of pretty much any topic. They rely on using images to accompany bite-sized pieces
Steven Greenblatt’s cultural road trip is a compelling, all-encompassing story of myth, theology and belief Trying to reconcile a belief in the literal truth of the Bible with the facts of the world as
California real estate developer James P. Baldwin formed a Delaware LLC called JPB Investments LLC (“JPBI”), with Baldwin himself owning a 99% membership interest and his wife owning the other 1%, for
When we sit down to eat this time of year, we should toast farmers rather than cooks. They’ve done the heavy lifting, and their produce, in all its ripe glory, allows us home cooks to do so little and
Mozilla has launched a new website that makes it really easy to send a file from one person to another. The site is called Send, and it’s basically the Snapchat of file sharing: after a file has been once,