Fadi K

9 Flips | 2 Magazines | 5 Following | 1 Follower | @fadikelzia | Tech

Inside Apple And IBM’s App Making Machine

This is how the (unlikely) partnership actually works, as told by the people from both companies who manage it every day.<p>On a July day in 2014 some people from IBM and Apple got together in a room at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California to start work on their recently announced business app …

Watch Jony Ive and Elon Musk talk design and sci-fi transportation

Tired of hearing little more than soundbites from tech luminaries such as Apple's Jony Ive and Tesla's Elon Musk? Today's your lucky day. <i>Vanity Fair</i> has posted its full video interviews with both Ive and Musk, giving you an insight into how the two executives work. Not surprisingly, Ive's chat …

What The Top 1% Of Software Engineers Do That The Other 99% Do Not

<i>Answer by Michael O. Church, functional programmer and machine learning engineer, on Quora</i><p>My first inclination was to disclaim, “I’m not top 1%, maybe top <i>N</i>%” where N is some slightly higher integer, because false precision makes great humble-brags. In reality, I have a hard time identifying “top …

20 ways gigabit-speed internet access might change our lives by 2025

If you want to know the future of technology, should you ask a technological futurologist? On the one hand, it’s their job to think about What Comes Next and What It All Means in regards to devices, connectivity and the digital services that they enable.<p>On the other hand, you might just get back a …

The Plastc all-in-one payment card could eat Coin's breakfast

Payments are tricky. Square, PayPal and others are still working on getting you to pay with your phone. Google Wallet and Apple Pay have and will try to get NFC to finally take off. Meanwhile, Chip and PIN cards are coming to the United States. Yeah, payments are more than tricky, it’s a mess.<p>The …

The year of Watson continues: IBM announces a slew of new partners, public cloud integration, & more

NEW YORK — IBM’s Watson supercomputer is on a roll.<p>More than a month after opening up Watson’s cognitive computing capabilities to researchers, today IBM announced that it’s officially opening up its massive Watson headquarters in Manhattan to serve local startups (among many other uses). Joining …

T-Mobile CEO Legere on iPhone Bendgate: It's horse dung

Sometimes, you need to curse to make your point.<p>In the case of T-Mobile CEO John Legere, a curseless statement is rarer than a polar bear in Silicon Valley.<p>It's heartening, then, that he dedicated the full force of his lexicon to the phenomenon known as Bendgate. In this, an iPhone 6 Plus was said …

T-Mobile

Recommended Reading: Apple's Jony Ive talks design and the timepiece

<i>Recommended Reading highlights the best long-form writing on technology and more in print and on the web. Some weeks, you'll also find short reviews of books that we think are worth your time. We hope you enjoy the read.</i><p><b>A Rare Look at Design Genius Jony Ive: The Man Behind the Apple Watch</b><br>by Robert …