Building a business on a shoestring budget, let alone an international one, seems almost impossible. However, breaking down your business goals one-by-one, as well as your personal motivating goals, can
• Author: Louann Brizendine, M.D. Since Dr. Brizendine wrote The Female Brain ten years ago, the response has been overwhelming. This New York Times bestseller has been translated into more than thirty
• Author: John Brockman In This Explains Everything, John Brockman, founder and publisher of Edge.org, asked experts in numerous fields and disciplines to come up with their favorite explanations for occurrences.
• Author: Gloria Vanderbilt An elegant, witty, frank, touching, and deeply personal account of the loves both great and fleeting in the life of one of America's most celebrated and fabled women. Born great
• Author: Tanya Holland Brown Sugar Kitchen is more than a restaurant. This soul-food outpost is a community gathering spot, a place to fill the belly, and the beating heart of West Oakland, a storied
• Author: Herman Koch "A European Gone Girl." --The Wall Street Journal An internationally bestselling phenomenon: the darkly suspenseful, highly controversial tale of two families struggling to make hardest
• Author: Erik Larson Erik Larson, New York Times bestselling author of Devil in the White City, delivers a remarkable story set during Hitler’s rise to power. The time is 1933, the place, Berlin, when
• Author: Bob Odenkirk Bob Odenkirk is a legend in the comedy-writing world, winning Emmys and acclaim for his work on Saturday Night Live, Mr. Show with Bob and David, and many other seminal TV shows.
• Author: Ross King On August 19, 1418, a competition concerning Florence's magnificent new cathedral, Santa Maria del Fiore--already under construction for more than a century--was announced: "Whoever
Those of you who are seeking investing enlightenment are not going to find much of it on the web. I suggest you log off, power down your computer, and read some books. Take your time. The months you spend
Paul Zizka takes photos of himself in the wilderness of Canada. He began photographing night scenes but by adding himself into the shot he created a relationship between the central figure in the image
Using a magazine for scale, this App lets you virtually design a room, then buy the furniture. A few months ago, Ikea released an unbelievable app. When you placed the company’s catalog anywhere in your
As the seas absorb more carbon dioxide, their pH drops. Can sea life evolve fast enough to cope with changing ocean chemistry? That's the question researchers like Gretchen Hofmann are trying to answer.
Plus cameos from former International Space Station crewmembers Zucchini, Broccoli and Sunflower Early in the history of the U.S. space program, space ice cream caught the imagination of American youngsters.
New numbers from the American Society of News Editors show that the progress of women and minorities in media has halted. Jonathan Ernst/Reuters The American Society of News Editors (ASNE) recently released