• Netflix is testing a mobile-only, half-priced subscription plan in countries like Malaysia. • Netflix said in a statement to USA Today, "we are testing to understand consumer interest in a mobile-only
• On some cruise ships, managers will order crew members to hide improperly-stored food or dirty equipment in their cabins to make sure they aren't found by health inspectors, according to Jim Walker,
Amazon is now going to split its HQ2 into 2 locations after more than a year of intense speculation. Here’s everything that
It's been 14 months since Amazon, the world's largest online retailer, declared its intention to build a second headquarters. Founded in Seattle some 23 years earlier, Amazon said it had gotten so big
Here are the nominees for the best video games of the year at The Game Awards — and anyone can vote for the final winners
The Game Awards has revealed this year's batch nominees — and it will let fans vote to decide the winners across more than 20 categories. Fans can vote now for their picks at TheGameAwards.com, and via
Silicon Valley's favorite e-cig company shut down its social media accounts — but Juul's advertising now has a life of its
• The Silicon Valley startup Juul announced this week that it is deleting some of its social media accounts. • The move is part of a series of actions the e-cigarette maker said it's taking to address
Today he's the COO and cofounder of billion-dollar startup Qualtrics, working with his younger brother, CEO Ryan Smith. But Smith doesn't like to work, "as a matter of principle," he tells Business Insider.
• Voice assistants like Amazon's Alexa, Google's Assistant, Apple's Siri, and Microsoft's Cortana, are pegged to trigger a widespread transformation across the retail industry in the years to come.• current
Managing money isn't taught in school. It's just assumed that everyone will figure out the best way to save, spend, and invest once they start earning a real income. But it's not easy, especially as bills
Markets Insider Bitcoin was trading down 9% Wednesday, at its lowest level in over a year.• The selling comes as traders ready for a hard fork in rival bitcoin cash.• Watch bitcoin trade live. Bitcoin
• Amazon has settled on a new home for its second headquarters, which it calls HQ2. It will be split between two locations: Long Island City in Queens, New York, and an area of Arlington, Virginia, dubbed
As a dedicated Business Insider reader, your opinion is important to us. That's why we'd like to invite you to join our BI Insiders program. The BI Insiders are an exclusive online community of Business
Apple now allows you to download all the data it keeps about you, your purchases, and how you interact with Apple services. It started providing an easy way for European users to request this data earlier
A new breed of ad agency is cashing in on the direct-to-consumer boom, and big agencies are scrambling to catch up
• As hundreds of new brands crop up to upend industries by selling directly to consumers using digital media, a new wave of ad agencies is making inroads in the direct-to-consumer space. • While some,
• Roblox executive Grace Francisco has been coding since she was a teenager, but when it comes to business meetings or note taking, she prefers pen and paper. • She uses two separate notebooks for work
Another senior Tesla employee has left the company — here are all the key names who have departed this year
• Tesla is known for its high rate of executive turnover, and this year has been no different.• During a year in which the automaker has faced production issues, investigations from the federal government,
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images Apple's iPhone revenue grew 18% in 2018, as a higher average selling price offset flat unit growth.• A handful of iPhone suppliers recently cut their outlooks, citing weaker
Google's "Night Sight" feature for its Pixel smartphone cameras rolls out on Wednesday. The feature that comes with the Pixel's camera app is rolling out over the next few days, and anyone with a Pixel
Which mini retro game console is right for you: NES Classic, Super NES Classic, or PlayStation Classic?
Which adorable little console will you take home this holiday? That's the question that Nintendo and Sony are asking shoppers this year with their triple threat of nostalgia-laced retro console offerings.
Microsoft's new Surface Pro 6 is the best hybrid laptop you can buy — but there's a catch that's a dealbreaker for some
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. Best Buy Microsoft has been building itself
The third quarter was a tough one in the tech business. Scandals abounded. Many companies saw their sales growth slow or user numbers falter. Stocks that once seemed to defy gravity, got knocked down.
The Chevrolet Corvette has been in production since 1953. Now on its seventh generation, I like to remind myself that it was the first truly stunning car I ever got a ride in. It was back in the 1970s,
This story was delivered to Business Insider Intelligence Apps and Platforms Briefing subscribers hours before appearing on Business Insider. To be the first to know, please click here. AR solutions provider
I stopped making my own lunch for a week and switched to Ritual, the order-ahead app that's sweeping San Francisco — Here's
Typically, I take my lunch to work. It's healthier than always eating out and helps me save some dough. But microwaved leftovers and soggy PB&J's can get old. So I decided to try out Ritual— an order-ahead
This is a preview of the Internet of Things (2018) research report from Business Insider Intelligence. To learn more about the IoT ecosystem, tech trends and industry forecasts, click here. Current subscribers
The mayor of Nashville said he learned through Twitter that Amazon picked his city as a consolation prize in the HQ2 race
• Amazon announced Tuesday it would split its new HQ2 between two locations: New York City and northern Virginia.• The online retailer also announced plans to build an "Operations Center of Excellence"
'Utterly unbecoming': Jeff Bezos is getting slammed by tech leaders for how Amazon HQ2 sites were selected
• Amazon formally announced this week that it would split its second headquarters — the highly sought-after HQ2— between Queens, New York, and Arlington, Virginia. • The news has been met with lots of
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. Apple is the uncontested king of tablets.