Jet.com, the e-commerce site Walmart acquired in 2016 for $3 billion, is relaunching itself today with an upgraded look and assortment, as well as a stronger focus on serving the needs of shoppers in metros.
Brands are caught between a retailer and a marketplace. Some retailers are feeling so threatened by Amazon that they are banning partner brands from selling there. For other retailers, success on Amazon
Look, nevermind that Amazon’s reviews are getting less and less trustworthy; I still often find myself scanning a thing’s barcode or just pulling up its Amazon listing when I’m at a store to get a sense
• New technology is increasingly being infused into stores, and the results are finally starting to show.• Tech-forward companies like Amazon and Nike are completely changing the idea of what it means
Amazon reported its quarterly earnings on July 26, and as expected, it had another stellar quarter, reporting revenue of $52.9 billion and more than $2 billion in quarterly profits. Its shares increased
• Amazon is pulling out all the stops to ensure as many customers as possible have access to Prime Day deals.• Free Amazon Prime trials, deals at Whole Foods, and massive concerts are just a few of the
Google now lets you see what's on shelves at stores near you, and it's a powerful new weapon against Amazon
• Google is giving shoppers the power to search local stores' inventory with a new tool called See What's In Store.• Shoppers can use the tool to search for a specific product and see which local stores
Over the last few years, Walmart (NYSE: WMT) has been steadily remaking its image. The company has lifted wages and improved training, mitigating a long-standing reputation as an abusive employer. It's
LONDON (Reuters) - Sainsbury’s (SBRY.L) $10 billion (7.27 billion pounds) purchase of Walmart’s (WMT.N) Asda may pressure UK grocery prices and make the British market less attractive for newer players
• Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express have said they will no longer require customers to sign their receipts when they check out at stores.• While companies can continue to require signatures,
The biggest push has come in the clothing category. After Amazon launched its first private-label brands in 2009, the company took a four-year hiatus before it created any more. And when it got back into
H&M's loss is shoppers' gain. The clothing retailer is selling its clothes at steep discounts across its stores in an attempt to slough off excess inventory it accrued due to "unusually cold winter weather,"
• Walmart has expanded its robot program to 50 stores across the country.• The autonomous robots go up and down the aisles, scanning for out-of-stock items, incorrect prices, and wrong or missing labels.•
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Walmart Inc (WMT.N) will expand its grocery home delivery services to reach more than 40 percent of U.S. households, or 100 metro areas from an existing six, as the retailer steps
Kohl's has a problem--and they're teaming up with Aldi supermarkets in what might amount to a really creative solution. First the problem: There are too many Kohl's stores, and a lot of them are too big.