• New Orleans Saints quarterback Teddy Bridgewater rides his bike to home games, and is inviting fans to join him. • Cycling advocates in the Big Easy are glad to see him raises awareness and bring attention
• The new Maryland Cycling Classic has been added to UCI’s ProSeries calendar, starting in 2020. The current set date is September 6. • Owned by the Maryland Sports Commission, the race will likely take
• Italian cyclist Giovanni Iannelli, 22, who rode for the amateur team Hato Green Tea Beer, sustained a severe head injury when he crashed into a concrete pillar during the Trofeo Città di Brescia race
• According to a new study in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, regular moderate-duration and high-duration aerobic activity may help reduce your risk of developing breast cancer.
• According to a new study, you don’t need to consume fat with vitamin E simultaneously in order for your body to absorb the vitamin. • It was previously thought that because vitamin E is fat-soluble,
• Endurance exercise can reduce the progression of atrophy in a part of the brain associated with memory among people at risk of Alzheimer’s disease, a new study found. • Exercise can improve blood vessel
• On September 27, former Pacers great Reggie Miller rode his first century, and he did it for a good cause: to raise money for breast cancer research and education as part of the Tour de Komen in Indiana.
• Preliminary research recently presented at this year’s Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) in Barcelona, Spain, found that inactivity even for a short period lead
• According to a new study published in the journal Current Biology, overtraining can affect your decision making skills, leading you to be more impulsive. • Endurance athletes in the study who drastically
• Sleeping between 6 and 9 hours nightly appears optimum for heart health, according to a University of Colorado Boulder study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. • People have
• On September 30, Bahrain-Merida revealed that they had terminated Australian cyclist Rohan Dennis’s contract on September 13. • Dennis abruptly withdrew from the Tour de France in the middle of Stage
• People who slept in wool pajamas fell asleep in less than half the time as those who wore cotton or polyester PJs, a new study published in Nature and Science of Sleep found. • Merino wool helps wick
• On Tuesday, American cyclist Chloé Dygert Owen, 22, of team Sho-Air TWENTY20, won the women’s elite individual time trial at the UCI Road World Championships. • She’s now the youngest cyclist to have
Buying an avocado is tricky business. You start out with a hard, bright green fruit that’s way underripe, so you save it for your weekend postworkout meal. Then—all of a sudden—it’s rotten before you the
• People who nap one to two times a week have half the chances of having a heart attack or stroke or developing heart failure than those who never nap, a new study published in the journal Heart found.
• Fitness-tracking app Strava announced two new features that measure your overall fitness. • The features—Perceived Exertion and Fitness—work for running, cycling, and swimming and are a part of a Strava
Last year, Kate Courtney stunned the cycling scene when she won the MTB World Championship title in her first season racing in the elite field at the age of 22. And she’s only been building on her success