The global specialty chemicals market is projected to reach USD 882.6 billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period. The market’s value stood at USD 627.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to hit USD 641.2 billion in 2021, according to Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Specialty Chemicals Market, 2021-2028”.
However, the market growth slumped by 2.8% in 2020 owing to the devastation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. With transportation and travel activities heavily restricted to contain the coronavirus, chemical companies and suppliers faced huge inventory shortages, triggering a precipitous drop in sales and revenues. On the flip side, the integral role played by chemical companies in the battle against COVID-19 will prove crucial in the post-pandemic period for them.
Solvay Launches New Line of High-Performance PPA Compounds
Specialty chemicals giant Solvay released Amodel Supreme PPA, its new suite of high-performance PPA (polyphthalamide) compounds in April 2021. Formulated to serve complex e-mobility and metal replacement applications, Amodel Supreme promises to deliver superior performance for systems that demand exceptional electrical, mechanical, and thermal properties. With its outstanding features, the application range of this product covers components for telecommunication equipment, electric & electronic devices, housings for high-temperature electrical connectors, and electrically powered units for battery-based motors. The launch of this breakthrough polymer-based family of compounds will enable Solvay to deepen its footprint in the chemical industry.
Mounting Concerns over Food Security Worldwide to Benefit the Agrochemicals Segment
On the basis of type, the market has been divided into agrochemicals, dyes & pigments (which held a market share of 22.5% in 2020), construction chemicals, specialty polymers, textile chemicals, base ingredients, surfactants, functional ingredients, water treatment, and others. Among these, the agrochemicals segment is expected to dominate the market on account of the skyrocketing demand for specialty chemicals in the agriculture industry to boost farm yield. The underlying cause for this is the intensifying concerns surrounding food security in many parts of the world, driven by increasing populations and depleting resources. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), food production will need to be increased by 70% between 2005 and 2050 to feed the global population, which is projected to surpass 9 billion over the next three decades. Agrochemicals are set to play a significant role in enabling governments and international organizations to meet the productivity requirements in the farming sector.
Robust Chemical Manufacturing Infrastructure in China to Invigorate the Asia Pacific Market
• The manufacturing power of China is foreseen to aid the dominance of Asia Pacific in the specialty chemicals market share during the forecast period. The exceptional manufacturing capabilities of China are bolstered by the abundant availability of raw materials in the country and the existence of cheap labor. The Asia Pacific market size was USD 291.2 billion in 2020.
• Being one of the largest consumers of this type of chemicals such as biocides, synthetic lubricants, and corrosion inhibitors, North America is well poised to establish a commanding hold on this market in the forthcoming years.
• In the Middle East, the enormous demand for oilfield chemicals will be the prime driving force for the regional market
Browse Complete Report Summary@ https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/specialty-chemicals-market-105517
Acquisition Activities to be the Predominant Expansion Strategies for Key Players
The widening applicability of specialty chemicals is encouraging companies to rapidly expand their market presence. In pursuit of this goal, key players are making strategic acquisitions of other competitors, smaller entities, and financially weaker organizations. Such acquisitions are empowering players to gain an immovable and enviable position in the market, whilst diversifying their portfolios and strengthening their operations in emerging economies.
• January 2021: Huntsman Corporation successfully completed the takeover of Gabriel Performance Products, an Ohio-based manufacturer of epoxy curing agents and specialty additives, for USD 250 million from Audax Private Equity.
List of Key Players Profiled in the Specialty Chemicals Market Report
• The Lubrizol Corporation(US)
• Croda International Plc (UK)
• Kemira Oyj (Finland)
• Akzo Nobel N.V. (Netherlands)
• Evonik Industries AG (Germany)
• Albemarle Corporation (US)
• Huntsman International LLC (US)
• LANXESS AG (Germany)
• BASF SE (Germany)
• Clariant AG (Switzerland)
• Solvay AG (Belgium)