A high-tech ring that promises to replicate many of the features found in the latest crop of smartwatches, but without strapping a brick to your wrist, is now one step closer to reality. Smarty Ring, project
When you have a big, blank wall to fill, your first thought may be a gallery wall. There's nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it's nice to break up all of that flat framed artwork with something different.
At the beginning of next year, Clive Holmes will attempt to do something remarkable. But you'd never guess it from meeting this mild-mannered psychiatrist with a hint of a Midlands accent. In fact, you
(Nata-Lia via Shutterstock) New research suggests that even the illiterate can reap benefits from speaking multiple languages in their old age Tom Jacobs November 8, 2013 1:45pm (UTC) This piece originally
iOS 7 becomes first commercial software to support multipath TCP, allowing simultaneous Wi-Fi and cell network connections
It seems Apple included a bit of a networking surprise in iOS 7. According to a logs captured from an iOS device while connecting to Apple’s Siri servers, the latest version of the mobile operating system
Martin Seligman, the father of positive psychology, theorizes that while 60 percent of happiness is determined by our genetics and environment, the remaining 40 percent is up to us. In his 2004 Ted Talk,
The Uber app for iOS and, presumably, Android is today getting a couple of new features centered around estimated times of arrival. The app now lets you share your ETA with contacts from the app, letting
The iPhone 5S announcement this week was punctuated with a lot of specs and buzzwords. Much of it centered around the new Touch ID fingerprint scanner and the 64-bit processor. But the most intriguing
As Apple releases its new operating software ahead of the launch of the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5c, we take a look at some of the exciting features that will be enabled. Apple is due to release iOS 7
"Had a few drinks, went straight home." "Working late." "Let's elope." If you get any of these texts -- and if they're a little longer in coming than usual -- it's very possible that your Chosen One is
Could be convenient Here's a twist on knowing thy heart. A startup is looking to manufacture a wristband that recognizes its wearer by his or her heartbeat. The wristband, called Nymi, then communicates
Parallels Access is a new iPad app launching tonight – that promises to let you experience Mac and Windows applications as is they were made for the iPad. It ‘applifies’ your Windows and Mac apps to make
Maybe you're "right-brained": creative, artistic, an open-minded thinker who perceives things in subjective terms. Or perhaps you're more of a "left-brained" person, where you're analytical, good at tasks
The folks over at GigaOm have heard from reliable sources everything we need to know about Samsung’s Gear smartwatch, a device rumored to hit the headlines about a week before Apple’s big new iPhone event.
Amazon has the OontZ Angle Ultra-Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker by Cambridge SoundWorks for only $39.99 shipped. That’s $20 less than anywhere else and 43% off the list price of $70. Amazon’s customers
Don't press the like button: Facebook is a bummer that makes us feel worse about our lives, according to new research. Facebook users in a study led by the University of Michigan wound up feeling worse
Mittens, to protect herself from her phone. To render her fingers unable to send those unconscious messages that are as embarrassing as they are senseless. Yup: She's a sleep texter. "It's a phenomenon
I have to credit Dr. Claw for teaching me how good a lobster roll can be. The infamous Brooklyn "lobster pusher"—the guy who won fame and no small degree of notoriety for illegally selling lobster rolls
Just because you have a great idea doesn’t mean your startup will succeed, and there’s a simple reason for this: concepts don’t make companies. Startups depend on everything from the capabilities of their
In a new blog post, Samsung describes ten “hidden” or “semi-secret” features of the Galaxy S4, which some of you may not be aware of. Coincidentally or not, the Samsung post went live on the same day and
Nutrition experts contend that all we need is what's typically found in a routine diet. Industry representatives, backed by a fascinating history, argue that foods don't contain enough, and we need supplements.