Annie Hirschmann

20 Added | 1 Magazine | 1 Like | @annielu42 | Keep up with Annie Hirschmann on Flipboard, a place to see the stories, photos, and updates that matter to you. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine full of everything, from world news to life’s great moments. Download Flipboard for free and search for “Annie Hirschmann”

According to Neuroscience, These Are the 10 Most Relaxing Songs Ever

Sure to both stir your soul and calm your nervous system.<p>Everyone knows they need to manage their stress. When things get difficult at work, school, or in your personal life, you can use as many tips, tricks, and techniques as you can get to calm your nerves.<p>So here's a science-backed one: make a …


7 things the wealthy 10% understand that the other 90% are missing

<i>This post from Ron Rule, CEO of As Seen on TV, originally appeared on Quora as an answer to the question, "What knowledge does the wealthy 10% understand that the other 90% are missing?"</i>


The 60-Day Reset Diet That Cleared My Skin, Boosted My Energy & Changed My Life

As a functional medicine practitioner, my job is to uncover the root issues of chronic health problems and coach my patients into well-being.<p>But as …

How To Be Happy At Work: 10 Simple Tips That Work

Do you want to learn how to be happier at work? Here are 10 simple things that you can do that are proven to work.<p>This infographic was crafted with …

4 questions managers ask to better compare equally qualified candidates

A bona fide sweets enthusiast will have no trouble selecting the chocolate lava cake, extra sauce, over the cheese plate on a dessert menu. But what …

Healthy Snacks People on Instagram Swear By

Luckily, a fleet of health-minded bloggers who know their way around a kitchen document their real-life snacks, and it ain’t just trail mix. These …

53 Books You Won't Be Able To Put Down

What happens next? There's only one way to find out.<p><i>Some entries have been lightly edited for clarity and length.</i>


These are the Latin American authors you should be reading this summer

For many years Latin American writers complained of living under the shadow of their predecessors: the heavyweights of magical realism like Gabriel García Márquez, Mario Vargas Llosa or Carlos Fuentes. And Latin American authors are too often absent from suggested reading lists, despite the …


Pao De Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)

<b>Summary</b>: <i>What makes this bread unique is that it uses tapioca flour which is a grain free flour derived from the cassava root. It’s what gives it that</i> …

8 Slimming Soups for Swimsuit Season

Juicing is out. Souping is in. But food trends aside, these soups are so delicious and satisfying that you won't even realize how healthy you're eating.<p><b>1. Golden Gazpacho</b><p>Adapted from Oleana chef Ana Sortun's cookbook, <i>Spice: Flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean</i>, this soup's silky texture and pure …


18 Cool DIY Projects to Make This Weekend

Get crafty with one of these easy DIY Projects. Perfect for long weekends and lazy afternoons.<p><b>See the full list of projects</b>.<p><b>Lip Balm</b><p><b>Studded Jewelry</b><p><b>Beach-Friendly Phone Cases</b><p><b>Leather Bracelets</b><p><b>Body Scrub</b><p><b>Cocktail Accessories</b><p><b>Heart Shaped Soap</b><p><b>See the full list of projects</b>.<p>Follow PureWow on Twitter: …


10 Must-read Books for Spring

I've been reading a ton lately, which makes me happy since I remember what it was like to go through that awful "can't read" period. Despite a ridiculous schedule, I've carved out time to read every day and it's made me a little more sane.<p>I no longer feel the need to finish every book I start, so …


10 Apps to Improve Your Professional Relationships

If you’re like everyone else that’s alive and not living under a rock right now, you love apps. And who can blame you? Apps are pretty great. What do …

Project Management

Why Don't More Boards of Directors Pay Attention to a Company's Culture?

From the HR blog at TLNT<p>Twenty-first Century corporate governance is a busy job.<p>Acting on behalf of shareholders, boards of directors are paying …

7 Personal Development Books That Will Empower Your Life

Here is my current list of books that will empower and support you in creating a life that is passionate, curious and constantly evolving.

Jalapeño Corn Soup with Seared Scallops Recipe on Food52

Cooking is more fun with friends.<p>Find your friends who are already on Food52, and invite others who aren't to join.<p>Join Our Community<p>Follow amazing home cooks. Collect recipes and articles. Get inspired.<p><b>Author Notes:</b> I love making big batches of soup on the weekend and saving the leftovers for work …

The Books That Impacted My Life In 2014 - Joseph Lalonde


20 Mantras Great Leaders Live By Every Day

There might not be a single recipe for what makes a great leader, but these 20 mantras can put you on the right track.

11 Vegetarian Blogs to Inspire Healthy Eating All Year Long

Keeping up healthy habits is easier when you surround yourself with people who inspire those habits. Although these bloggers are spread out all over …

Living Rooms

12 Ways to Make the Best-Ever Crab Cakes

You don’t have to be from Maryland to master this crispy-sweet seafood dish. Here, 12 easy and delicious recipes for restaurant-worthy crab cakes.<p>You …

Andrew Zimmern