- travelawaits.com - Penny Zibula View Full Profile Penny Zibula is a freelance travel writer and blogger based in New Bern, North Carolina. Traveling with her husband/photographer and her guide dog, she creates content for her blog SixLegsWillTravel designed to entice her readers to get out and explore. Her posts and freelance articles contain material of interest to boomer travelers and individuals with disabilities.
- By TravelAwaits
Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial summertime kick-off, so of course, we all want to spend it near the water! We did the research for you; check out the best RVs, boats, and homes available for rent on MDW near the beach.
- travelawaits.com - Janie H. Pace View Full Profile Janie H. Pace is a travel writer and photographer based in Fort Worth, Texas. Her culinary, wine, and travel photography adventures have led her across Peru from Cusco through the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, where she sampled locally grown vegetables and potato bread; up the Icefields Parkway from Lake Louise to Banff and Jasper, where she photographed wildlife and landscapes and indulged in Fairmont luxury hotels; and to the four largest islands of Hawaii, where she explored Haleakala and Hawai’i Volcanoes National Parks and enjoyed the local poke bowls. Whether a wine tasting, restaurant review, or local craft beer or distillery tour, Janie posts her adventures from various publications at Journey Mapped.
- travelawaits.com - Heather Markel View Full Profile Heather finally gave in to her lifelong love of traveling and meeting people and quit her job to do it full time. She's been slow traveling the world on her own since early 2018, surviving travel nightmares, strange food, and living on a budget. Heather started her blog, Heather Begins, as a log of her journeys. Since January, 2018, it has evolved into a resource for travel tips, destination advice, and more. She also loves cows and attempts to photograph them in every country she visits. This appreciation comes from a special friendship formed during her first experience living overseas in 1986. Heather was then an only child living in Manhattan. She ended up on a farm in the middle of Normandie, France, with eight new siblings. She was overwhelmed. Each day, one of the family's cows, Amazonie, would follow her and lick her like a puppy dog, making her feel accepted and loved. Heather hopes to inspire others to trade stability for their dreams and created a video series, called The Inspired Nomads, where she interviews other people who left stable income post 40 to travel or pursue their passion, or do both at the same time! Guests discuss what they gave up and how they are affording their new lifestyle. Heather has previously contributed to Entrepreneur.com and Choice Magazine where she gives insights for entrepreneurs to grow their business.
- travelawaits.com - Missy Glassmaker View Full Profile Missy Glassmaker is an Emmy-nominated producer and writer. She has spent most of her career in broadcast television news, working in Providence, Rhode Island; Knoxville, Tennessee; and St. Louis, Missouri. She helped launch TravelAwaits and is now Vice President of Product for the site. Missy enjoys cooking, entertaining, and of course, traveling. Her favorite travel companions are her twin sons, who are always ready to explore.
- travelawaits.com - Barbara Winard View Full Profile Barbara Winard of The Baby Bloomer has earned degrees in English literature, journalism, and, later in life, gerontology. For the past 25 years she was a senior editor of two online encyclopedias and she wrote thousands of articles about literature, film, the fine and performing arts, and more. She began her solo travels in college, and after returning from a six-month trip to Asia, she wandered off the street and was hired by the Asia Society in New York City to produce films and print materials for adults and children about Asian culture. She was also a film programmer and traveled to film festivals around the world. Barbara got her start in production and writing with New York City’s public television station, WNET/13. She currently lives in Jersey City.