- travelawaits.com - Laura Ray View Full Profile Laura Ray has lived in Atlanta, the Bay Area, SoCal, and Austin. After moving from Texas, she and her husband rambled about the Midwest in a camper for a couple of years before finally settling on 35 acres in their home state of Kentucky. When she isn't clacking around on the keyboard (cat in lap), you can find her practicing yoga, gardening, or playing the ukulele. In addition to writing for Gateway Blend sites such as SeniorsMatter.com and Oola.com, she’s also written for Zumper.com and served as Oola's editor before becoming a Content Strategist for TravelAwaits. This travel-lover's favorite destinations include Italy, the Greek isles, and Kentucky Lake.
- travelawaits.com - Fred Mays View Full Profile Fred Mays is a freelance writer/photographer in Satellite Beach, FL. He’s retired from 35 years in television news. During his career he won a Peabody Award, several Emmys, and a Dallas Press Club award. He loves traveling in Florida, and is planning a long road trip to the National Parks with his rescue dog, Kinsey. Beyond the beautiful National Parks, his bucket list includes Nepal, Mexico, and the Patagonia region of Chile.
- travelawaits.com - Amy Piper View Full Profile Amy Piper is a travel writer and publisher of Follow the Piper, a blog focusing on luxury travel and food experiences. Her passion for travel has taken her to 41 countries. Amy resides in Lansing, Michigan, and as a Michigan expert, she is currently writing the Michigan chapter in four anthologies about the Midwest.
- travelawaits.com - Erika Ebsworth-Goold View Full Profile Communication done well has always been Erika’s career focus. She’s served as a publicist and PR expert for several non-profit organizations based in St. Louis. Prior to that, she was an Emmy Award–winning television newscast producer. When she’s not training for her next race or packing for another trip, you’ll find Erika hanging out with her husband, son, and personal zoo, which includes a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, two cats, and a grumpy pygmy hedgehog.
- travelawaits.com - Jim Fulcher View Full Profile Jim Fulcher has been a writer and editor his entire career. In addition to writing, he also enjoys traveling--particularly in an RV. Over the course of numerous trips, Jim has driven an RV through West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming. His favorite national park is Yellowstone, which he has visited three times.
- travelawaits.com - Cindy Barks View Full Profile Cindy Barks is an Arizona-based newspaper reporter, freelance travel writer, and travel blogger. Her blog, NearandFarAZ gives readers an insider's view of the wonders of the U.S. Southwest, and a traveler's take on far-off locales from Panama to Hong Kong to the Czech Republic. Regardless of the destination, her goal is to find the perfect scenic hike, city walk, beach stroll, or road-trip jaunt, and bring it to life in her blog. Cindy's articles about outdoor adventures have appeared in numerous regional and national publications.