Is George Soros bracing for a storm? During the first quarter the legendary investor purchased $264 million worth of shares of Barrick Gold (ABX), the world's largest gold miner. Soros, known as the "man
After a tumultuous start to the year, exchange traded fund investors have been easing back into the riskier segments of the market, focusing on income generation and some more defensive strategies that
The S&P 500 may yield just 2.2% today – but if you smartly invest in stocks that specialize in profitable niches, you can collect 6-11% yields right now. With double-digit price upside to boot! Real Estate
Others think that you can stay bullish, but they recommend having greater exposure to some industries than others. "We believe Energy and Industrial positions should generally be reduced heading into as
• Author: David Sedaris A new collection from David Sedaris is cause for jubilation. His recent move to Paris has inspired hilarious pieces, including Me Talk Pretty One Day, about his attempts to learn
• Author: Zia Haider Rahman A bold, epic debut novel set during the war and financial crisis that defined the beginning of our century One September morning in 2008, an investment banker approaching forty,
• Author: Anthony Doerr WINNER OF THE PULITZER PRIZE From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, the beautiful, stunningly ambitious instant New York Times bestseller about a blind
• Author: John Green "The greatest romance story of this decade." —Entertainment Weekly -Millions of copies sold- #1 New York Times Bestseller #1 Wall Street Journal Bestseller #1 USA Today Bestseller
• Author: Jim Shepard Following his widely acclaimed Project X and Love and Hydrogen—“Here is the effect of these two books,” wrote the Chicago Tribune: “A reader finishes them buzzing with awe”—Jim Shepard
• Author: Sloane Crosley Hailed by David Sedaris as "perfectly, relentlessly funny" and by Colson Whitehead as "sardonic without being cruel, tender without being sentimental," from the author of the collection
• Author: Terry Southern In this uproarious and wicked cult-classic, Southern skewers American greed and pomposityGuy Grand, an eccentric billionaire prankster, is rich enough to do whatever he likes.
• Author: Kyle Minor The characters in Praying Drunk speak in tongues, torture classmates, fall in love, abandon their children, keep machetes beneath passenger seats, and collect porcelain figurines.
• Author: Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner The New York Times bestselling Freakonomics changed the way we see the world, exposing the hidden side of just about everything. Then came SuperFreakonomics,
• Author: Robert Galbraith Private investigator Cormoran Strike returns in a new mystery from Robert Galbraith, author of the #1 international bestseller The Cuckoo's Calling. When novelist Owen Quine