Nicki Neal

7 Flips | 1 Magazine | @NickiNeal | Keep up with Nicki Neal on Flipboard, a place to see the stories, photos, and updates that matter to you. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine full of everything, from world news to life’s great moments. Download Flipboard for free and search for “Nicki Neal”

#NPRNightSky: Your Star-Studded Pix From The World's Inkiest Skies

What's your night sky look like?<p>For most of the world, it's not a pretty sight. A new study has found that 80 percent of the world can't see the stars at night because of light pollution.<p>But the other 20 percent can. So last week, we asked folks via Twitter to share their photos from the 20 top …

National Parks

Meditations to Use for Stress Relief

Meditations have tremendous benefits for stress management and overall health. While there are many different meditations that are effective, each …

Meditation

7 Quotes to Stop You from Worrying About Things You Can’t Control

<i>Letting go of control… and being OK with it.</i>That is one of the greatest struggles many of us deal with on a daily basis, myself included.Because …

Down Syndrome

Man Found 3 Kittens Under a Gazebo, and Was Chosen by One

A young man found three sleepy kittens under a gazebo while he was at work.<p>He picked them up and gave them some love and cuddles. The kittens purred …

Pets

Jay Blahnik Discusses Apple's Delve Into Mindfulness With 'Breathe'

One of Apple's newest apps revealed at WWDC this month was a meditation-enabling Apple Watch app called Breathe that will encourage users to take a break every day to focus on the rhythm of their breathing patterns. In a recent interview with <i>BuzzFeed</i>, Apple’s director of fitness for health …

Mindfulness

Olympic swimming trials 2016: Time, TV schedule and Monday events for Team USA

Michael Phelps and Katie Ledecky will both be in action for the USA Swimming trials on Monday.<p>Michael Phelps, the most decorated United States Olympian of all time, will see his first action of the USA Swimming Olympic trials on Monday. He is scheduled for five events in the trials, including the …

Swimming