David Sheff wrote a book in 2008 that became a kind of landmark. Beautiful Boy was a painful, personal story of the battle he tried to fight with and alongside his son, Nic, who was addicted to methamphetamines.
• Author: Jessica Hagy You want to leave a mark, not a blemish. Be a hero, not a spectator. You want to be interesting. (Who doesn’t?) But sometimes it takes a nudge, a wake-up call, an intervention!—and
• Author: Nassim Nicholas Taleb The Black Swan is a standalone book in Nassim Nicholas Taleb’s landmark Incerto series, an investigation of opacity, luck, uncertainty, probability, human error, risk, decision-making
• Author: Mary Roach The irresistible, ever-curious, and always best-selling Mary Roach returns with a new adventure to the invisible realm we carry around inside. “America’s funniest science writer” Post)
• Author: Kate Atkinson What if you could live again and again, until you got it right? On a cold and snowy night in 1910, Ursula Todd is born to an English banker and his wife. She dies before she can
• Author: Sheryl Sandberg The #1 international best seller In Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg reignited the conversation around women in the workplace. Sandberg is chief operating officer of Facebook and coauthor
• Author: John Green "The greatest romance story of this decade." —Entertainment Weekly -Millions of copies sold- #1 New York Times Bestseller #1 Wall Street Journal Bestseller #1 USA Today Bestseller
• Author: Rick Warren Licensed in over eighty-five languages, The Purpose Driven Life is far more than just a book; it is a guide to a spiritual journey. Once you take this journey, you’ll never be the
• Author: Wally Lamb In this New York Times bestselling extraordinary coming-of-age odyssey, Wally Lamb invites us to hitch a wild ride on a journey of love, pain, and renewal with the most heartbreakingly
• Author: Eben Alexander The #1 New York Times bestselling account of a neurosurgeon's own near-death experience—for readers of 7 Lessons from Heaven. Thousands of people have had near-death experiences,
• Author: The Gale Group A study guide for Jim Carroll's "The Basketball Diaries", excerpted from The Gale Group's acclaimed Nonfiction Classics for Students series. Designed with busy students in mind,
• Author: Christa Parravani Wall Street Journal, "Favorite Books of the Year 2013" Cosmopolitan, "Best Books of the Year for Women" Library Journal, "Best Books of 2013" Salon, "Best Books of 2013" "Haunting...
• Author: Ezekiel J. Emanuel NATIONAL BESTSELLER For years, people have been asking Ezekiel “Zeke” Emanuel, the brash, outspoken, and fiercely loyal eldest brother in the Emanuel clan, the same question:
• Author: Stephen Mitchell Lao-tzu's Tao Te Ching, or Book of the Way, is the classic manual on the art of living and one of the wonders of the world. In eighty-one brief chapters, the Tao Te Ching llods
Zagat on Twitter