Overwhelming hard data from biology, geology and anthropology — gathered with a firm grasp of the workings of evolution — prove false the claims made by creationists. Earth is not 6,000 years old and wasn't
There’s a weird paradox out there in the dating world. On one hand, it’s known that Mr. or Mrs. Right will magically appear when the time is right — and that being single until then is totally the norm.
Just by observing the process of the experiment, everything changes. Do you remember the double-slit experiment? It's one of the weirder experiments in modern physics, and cuts to the heart of the weirdness
• Author: David Quammen “A frightening and fascinating masterpiece of science reporting that reads like a detective story.” —Walter Isaacson In 1976 a deadly virus emerged from the Congo forest. As swiftly
• Author: Paul Greenberg "A necessary book for anyone truly interested in what we take from the sea to eat, and how, and why." -Sam Sifton, The New York Times Book Review. Acclaimed author of American
• Author: Edward O. Wilson Pulitzer Prize–winning biologist Edward O. Wilson imparts the wisdom of his storied career to the next generation. Edward O. Wilson has distilled sixty years of teaching into
• Author: Paul Greenberg "Greenberg’s breezy, engaging style weaves history, politics, environmental policy, and marine biology." --New Yorker From the acclaimed author of Four Fish and The Omega Principle,
• Author: Matt Ridley The genome's been mapped. But what does it mean? Arguably the most significant scientific discovery of the new century, the mapping of the twenty-three pairs of chromosomes that up
• Author: Malcolm Gladwell In this stunning new book, Malcolm Gladwell takes us on an intellectual journey through the world of "outliers"--the best and the brightest, the most famous and the most successful.
• Author: Robert B. Cialdini, PhD Influence, the classic book on persuasion, explains the psychology of why people say "yes"—and how to apply these understandings. Dr. Robert Cialdini is the seminal expert
• Author: Dean A. Haycock Ph.D. “Part true crime, part neuroscience and a page-turner from start to finish,” this is a look at the biology behind violent psychopathic behavior (Kirkus Reviews). How many