Aman Jaiman

12 Flips | 1 Magazine | 12 Likes | @AmanJaiman | Keep up with Aman Jaiman on Flipboard, a place to see the stories, photos, and updates that matter to you. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine full of everything, from world news to life’s great moments. Download Flipboard for free and search for “Aman Jaiman”

Windows 10 Preview Program Already Has 1 Million Users

Given the staunchly divided opinions Windows 8 elicited among its users, it should come as no surprise that the first look at the next iteration of the operating system has proven quite popular.<p>According to a blog post today by Windows guy Joe Belfiore, the Windows Insider Program hit 1 million …

Apple's Beats, Bose settle patent spat over noise-canceling tech

Bose and Apple's Beats have agreed to settle a patent lawsuit related to noise-canceling headphones that was filed by Bose in July.<p>In a court filing in the US District Court for the District of Delaware, attorneys for the companies said "they have settled their respective claims" and want to …

Apple Loop: iPad Air 2 Will Launch on October 16, The Apple Tax Is A Myth, And iPhone Design Theft

Taking a look back at another week of news from Cupertino, this week’s Apple Loop covers the upcoming October 16th event and the potential new hardware, will Tim Cook kill the iPod Touch, OSX Yosemite’s public release, U2′s download numbers, Carl Icahn’s letter, iOS 8 encryption, the Apple Tax, …

Apple Sapphire Supplier GT Seeks Court Permission to Close Plant

The company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this week.<p>Sapphire crystal maker GT Advanced Technologies, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this week, has asked the court’s permission to “wind down” operations at its manufacturing plant, less than a year after …

OMOTE / REAL-TIME FACE TRACKING & PROJECTION MAPPING

Play Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 on Android - some assembly required

Do you remember the days before you got your first Pip-Boy 3000? They were a little rough, but they were fun, and they can now be re-lived on your Android device. I speak of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, both of which have found a new home on Android, sort of.<p>The short of it, if you don’t mind the …

Amazon Kindle 2016 review: Cheapest Kindle loses weight, adds Bluetooth feature - CNET

<b>The Good</b> The most affordable Kindle gets a subtle but worthwhile design upgrade (it's slimmer, lighter and less angular) and adds Bluetooth audio for accessibility, so visually impaired readers can hear VoiceView audio.<p><b>The Bad</b> No integrated light; price hasn't gotten any lower.<p><b>The Bottom Line</b> While …

Gear & Gadgets

What The Top 1% Of Software Engineers Do That The Other 99% Do Not

<i>Answer by Michael O. Church, functional programmer and machine learning engineer, on Quora</i><p>My first inclination was to disclaim, “I’m not top 1%, maybe top <i>N</i>%” where N is some slightly higher integer, because false precision makes great humble-brags. In reality, I have a hard time identifying “top …

Carl Zeiss unveils its sub $100 virtual reality headset for iOS and Android

Carl Zeiss has just recently announced the VR One virtual reality headset for use with iOS and Android smartphones. While it still feels like a bit of stretch to get people to put these things on their heads, the typically steep price point of early contenders does’t help. The VR One is a similar …

Apple could face lawsuit from supplier over 'oppressive' contracts

Sapphire glass maker GT Advanced Technologies tells bankruptcy court it will close two plants and cut 890 staff<p>Apple could face a lawsuit from a supplier that makes sapphire glass for the iPhone 6 over "oppressive" and "burdensome" contracts agreed before its bankruptcy.<p>GT Advanced Technologies …

iPhone

iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus to land at Boost Mobile Oct 17

Customers of Boost Mobile will have a chance to snag the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus in just one more week.<p>The company, which offers prepaid wireless plans, announced on Friday that it will offer both of the new iPhones starting Friday, October 17. Boost Mobile already sells the iPhone 5S and 5C as well as …

Microsoft's Android Wear keyboard lets you draw letters on your smartwatch

• Tech<br>• Science<br>• Culture<br>• More<p>Tech<p>Apple<br>• Google<br>• Microsoft<br>• Apps<br>• Photography<br>• Virtual Reality<br>• Business<br>• Design<br>• AI<br>• All Tech<p>Science<p>Space<br>• Energy<br>• Health<br>• Environment<br>• All Science<p>Culture<p>Web<br>• TV<br>• Film<br>• Games<br>• Comics<br>• Music<br>• All Culture<p>Cars<p>Ride-Sharing<br>• Cars<br>• Mass Transit<br>• Aviation<br>• Rideables<br>• Autonomy<br>• All …